Blvk & Bold

YAAASSS!

Blvk & Bold is how I love to feel. Have you ever looked in the mirror and everything from what people told you repeated in your head? I know that feeling. I heard you look pregnant or gained weight. And I felt terrible. I decided to work out and change my diet. I changed my attitude towards life and dedicated myself to my craft. I love to sketch designs and sew. I wanted to start a business. All of this came to me when I started changing my thinking, looked at my surroundings and thought that I need to change.

Although I'm not perfect. It's hard to still push people's words from my head. I thought about all I've been through in JROTC to reach the highest rank, Basic Training, AIT, joined the military to attend college, publish my research on the social construct of the myth of the strong black matriarchy. The research made me realize that black women had to endure a lot but still be the solution to everyone's problem and it's unfair. We have to fix our issues and if they don't get fixed we are blamed for the drugs in the black community, gang violence, and more when they were just trying their best to take care of their sons and their husbands. Black women have constantly fit in the mold of an Aunt Jemima or Mammy, a Jezebel, or Sapphire and if we are neither then we are lesbians.

This design came to me to be proud of my blackness and stand in it. Be bold even in the eyes of evil. Never fold to anyone or any foe. I am black and I am bold. Nothing will make me fold!

Thank you for coming to my page and subscribe to my blog.

If you would love to see my research or have more questions you can click the link below...
The Social Construct of Black Women

Check us out on:
Like Us on Facebook: We Are Magic
Follow Us on Instagram: Awaken_Magic
Follow Us on Pinterest: Awaken


Comments

Popular Posts